The answers you are looking for
(AT LEAST THE ONES PERTAINING TO RENTING THIS PHOTO STUDIO)
Before you rent
- Remember to facto
Proof of insurance coverage is required for studio rental.
- Rental time includes set-up and take-down of all equipment. Overtime, if incurred, will be charged at the hourly studio rental rate. The
- The studio is not well suited for shoots that require good acoustics. We are located next to a rail yard, and the conductors seem to enjoy laying on the airhorn for no particular reason. It is also all-cement construction, so the acoustics are from ideal.
Parking & Load-in
- Short-term parking is available in the studio building’s garage for loading and unloading any large items between 7:00 AM and 6:00 PM. Please note, the building strictly enforces a maximum 1hr time limit. Vehicles will be towed after that. Free longer term parking and after-hours parking is available on-street and in a lot on nearby Stewart Street (one block east of Canal Street). See this map for exact location.
- The freight elevator must be used to transport any large gear or equipment. It can be easily accessed from the loading dock, or the short term parking.
- The freight elevator must be used to transport any large gear or equipment. Please contact us for further information regarding freight elevator access and use, if applicable.
What can I use in the studio?
- The studio is equipped with blackout and diffusion curtains on the west windows; reach near the top of the curtains to open and close.
- Black or white seamless paper is available and may be utilized for a $10 fee.
- The studio is furnished with chairs, stools and a clothes rack which may be utilized and moved; the couches, table and iPod dock may be used, however they cannot be moved.
- A work table is available for use as a make-up station; please do not apply make-up on the round table.
- There are 9 outlet boxes, with a total of 16 outlets for plug-in in the studio area which allow for higher voltage.
- There are bathrooms available with code which will be provided upon studio rental.
Is gear available for rent?
- We do not rent out our equipment, but we do encourage you to use ProGear Rental for all of your gear rental needs.
Can I eat and drink in the studio?
- Sure! Food and drink may be brought in. No smoking is allowed in the studio.
Is there a dressing room in the studio?
- Yes - You are able to make a dressing room area with boards provided in studio.
Is the studio air conditioned?
- Yes, two air conditioners and ceiling fans will keep the space cool no matter how hot it gets in Chicago
What's the fine print?